Saturday, August 7, 2010

Adjectives

I'm happy.  

Now let me explain...
I have already found my soul mate and live with him.  I already have a stable career that has put me on the road to success.  I am writing.
The last is what makes everything complete. Im writing.  Im about half way done with my first novel and Im breathing words.

My schedule is quite busy, especially during the school year which is about to start.  My goal for the summer was to start weaving in an exercise routine into my daily schedule.  So as marked on my new shiny planner, I went on my run today.  Within my first couple steps I was seeing adjectives.  I breathed in and the air was heavy on my tongue, flowers called out to be described, tangled trees gasped of life, houses whispered to me their secrets and gates told a history untold.
I had no choice, so I named them all. 
As I ran I found trees, houses, branches, leaves, cars, abandoned toys, paint, mountains, sand ..anythinnng and then I put adjectives to it.  Rusty, red, bright, tall, giant, monstrous, round, full. I added metaphors to ordinary flowers, tear drops, blueberries, cherries, totems, etc
Best run I have had, by far.
Everything ached for me to describe it and I happily strung together adjectives as I ran by and dubbed them.
But the best part of it all was in the midst of my run a word jumped out at me, carved into a piece of wood was the word ..Gypsy. 
Yupp. Gypsy....its like nature was talking back. Crazy right? Gypsy??? Its not a common name like Sarah, Sandy, Jessica, or something.... :) I admit I laughed out loud, yupp as I ran, I laughed.  Twice actually. (I laughed the first time because in the beginning of my run/ adjective game a really attractive guy came running buy and a lot of adjectives popped into my head then :P)
Okay, well its time for me to go back downstairs to my reading nook.  I have successfully exercised today and exercised my brain as well.
GYPSY

1 comment:

  1. What a neat coincidence!
    I see Jon everywhere, but it's usually in the a sentence along the lines of "Jon loves _____" which doesn't really apply.
    I'm glad your exercising is going well!

    ReplyDelete