Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fiction



WARNING! :)
Okay...so for those of you (you know the whole crowd of people that read this blog.....) anyhow if you are religious and easily offended..this is a warning that my blog today is going to be about religion and may not agree with your views.


BIBLE RANT andddddddddddddddd GO:

Agriculture started 10,000 years ago. Before agriculture humans were primarily forgers(hunters and gatherers). These are facts. So not even arguing time lines here we can tell by verse 2 in Genesis Chapter 4 that Abel and Cain were not one of the first humans seeing as they were obviously using some type of agriculture (although it looks like Abel was using pastoralism). 


2. Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil....

These brothers however, might be a good analogy for something else.... the spread of agriculture. I recently read the book Ishmael and this was mentioned.  Abel would represent people using pastoralism and Cain represents the people who took part in Agriculture.  In that day it was common for warring to go on, especially against opposing people, in this case it was pastoralism vs. agriculture.  (Make sense?)

Moving on...

 13 Cain said to the LORD, “My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”
 

 HOLD UP. WAIT CAIN....did you just say, "WHOEVER"? LIKE PEOPLE OTHER THAN MOM AND DAD, because according to the bible that's all the humans on Earth at that time.  Adam, Eve and Cain.  Hm.....ya keep that in mind.


............17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch................

And finally...where in the world does Cain find a wife?  Is this supposed to be like 15 years later when Eve cranks out his sister and they marry?   Incest or other people existing... One is just disgusting and would create unchanging genes that would be bad for the future of that race (which is the only race in existence and the only set of genes)  Other people...indict that Adam and Eve were not the first people on Earth. Either way you look at it...the bible fails. 

So what do we learn from all of this?

That the bible is not something to be taken literally.  My own interpretation of the bible is this...Fiction.  One of the first fiction books created.  I could definitely see myself writing crazy stories like these if I lived back then..  Anyhow, thanks for listening to my rant!

No comments:

Post a Comment