Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Booky Nook

So for the past couple of days Ive been working on a little project.... Im putting together this rather lame website that is going to catalog the books Ive read etc.  Im rating books, reviewing books Im currently reading (so every time I finish a book I review it on my front page) Im posting my current reading list and also other popluar books...Idk its quite silly especially since nobody will visit it, but at least it will be sort of a catalog for my books. An online bookshelf :)


I was playing some vocabulary games last night online and I found a really good one that tests what your vocabulary range is and then if you get the words wrong it gives you the definition. Also theres a spelling bee quiz on there and thats how I found out that I am a terrible speller. I kind of knew this. I know what words mean and how to use them, but some words I had a hard time spelling! I felt rather disappointed in myself I must admit. Im a little above an *average* speller (but not by much) and Im in the 600s for my vocabulary (out of 800) so I mean, thats not bad.  Im going to go on there like every day! :)
http://www.visualthesaurus.com/

Theres the link if you'd like to try it for yourself. 

Today is Fathers Day - obviously.  I have to go to dinner tonight at my familys house....funnnnnnnnnn (not)
I love my family, I really do, but sometimes you can only take so much of them. Which is pretty sad since I don't even live with them and rarely see them.  I'm pathetic and now I feel ashamed about myself and how I never see my family.... did I mention my sister is flying in on Wednesday???? I'm sooo excited. Its been 3 years since Ive seen her (shes probably the only family person - besides my mom- that I can hang out with and not want to shoot myself half way through)  We*re going to spend so much time together I cant wait!! 

Ummm. there was..oh yes.  So my official interview is on Friday morning! (for my promotion, I'm getting my promotion I just have to have an interview, but it should go fine *fingers crossed* )

Anyhow I got totally distracted and didnt even remember I was making a post...lol its time to go!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I want to visit the Book Nook! And good luck on your interview!

    ReplyDelete