Monday, June 14, 2010

Yummy History

Im not sure if Ive shared this tid bit about myself...but I love History.  Ive decided to go out and buy some history books and study it to the point where I can tell you a bunch of useless details about History.  I was thinking about double majoring in History, but Im selfish. My love of History is not so I can be a teacher or a historian its for my own purposes.. I think I might like to write historical fiction of some sort.  You know...at least be educated about the past so if I write about different time eras etc, I can get the details and the general atmosphere right.


On another note- I have officially finished The Pillars of the Earth and I loved it. Whenever I read such a well written book, such as Pillars, I cant help but get inspired to write my own things.  Ill be starting the second and final book of the duo tonight. 


Lexy--- I have yet to read the life of bree tanner, but I can already tell from the mere size of the book that it wont fulfill my every desire.  I agree with you that I think she was just trying to throw us dogs a bone.  I really wish she would invest her time in either coming up with a new series, writing another Host book, or really dedicated real time and energy into a different part of the Twilight series. Shes a great writer and has such an enormous following that its a shame for her to just throw books at us that are not quality work. But that's just my biased opinion.

Work has been okay.  I have to admit I had a major freak out the other day. I started questioning myself and realizing that I could be doomed to be a manager for the rest of my life. How unhappy I would be to lead such a life.  My dream is to write books in a house far from civilization, where I can look out the window unto a beautiful snow capped mountain and watch the breeze rush through trees that border my property.  But the reality of life hit me and I began to wonder if I could ever be that accomplished.
My anxiety is starting to catch up with me, but I'm going to keep on going despite myself. Putting my best foot forward and all that cliche talk. 

Alright,  well Im off to start on my next book!

3 comments:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly!!

    Everyday you see your dream. We all have to suffer a bit to get to where we want to be. Just keep on truckin, you won't stay a manager for the rest of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Bree Tanner book in hand now, read about 3 pages and I can't get into it. I hope it's good. And I agree, she needs to write more about Twilight or The Host.. I REALLY liked the Twilight from Edward's point of view that she had on her website awhile back. It was AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love history too, darling. And Lexa's right! Just keep on truckin', never give up! There's this book called The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho that I think you should read it. In it, it's said that once someone starts to follow their heart's desire, the entire universe conspires in their favor. I think that's true, and I think that if you want to be a writer than by golly you're gonna be a writer! Never let anyone, including yourself, dissuade you from following your dreams.
    And you'd better believe that the second your first book gets published I'll be the first person in line to buy it ;)

    ReplyDelete