Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Interview with a Werewolf

*Look I’m sorry.* He brought me close to his face; I turned my head away from his. The heat of his skin tickled my body and I closed my eyes. I knew what I had to do, but I wasn’t ready. He started kissing my neck gently his grip loosening on my elbow and soon his hands were searching my body. I just stood there with my eyes closed; my arms limp at my side. He began to unbutton his pants and was in the midst of pulling them down when I ran out the door....

Ive decided to keep myself accountable to my writing goal of 3 pages per day - I am going to starting posting little excerpts of my writing from those 3 pages.
My meeting went well. I am officially getting promoted (which doesn't excite me THAT much since I already knew it would happen) but heres a quick recap of my interview....

Music blasts through my stereo as I drive into town. My eyes dash to the clock, whew I should just make it there on time. I start singing along to LA Roux, but then quickly remind myself I must think of situations for the questions shes going to ask. I start talking to myself. *What is one thing you would change about your current store?* *What was one of your most difficult customers and why?* *What color panties are you wearing and why?* I zip through the questions, but start internally freaking out. What if she asks me this one or that one? What would my answer be. I’m finally parked. I have no extra time to prep myself, the time is now. I jump out of my car and dodge the oncoming traffic. I throw in too many quarters in the meter - only to read after that it’s a one hour limit so I just wasted about 6 quarters for no reason. Damn. I walk as quickly as my pencil skirt allows into the building, where I am graciously seated by the receptionist. I go over my notes, but by now my nerves are starting to set in.
There she is my manager. I follow her to her office where we sit and I make a few nervous remarks to her questions of how I am doing at my new store. I can hear my voice shaking and I'm trying to clear my throat of the nerves. I gulp. She grabs a piece of paper and begins the interrogation. *Where were you on the night of the 25th?* I answered the first question rapidly. My nerves now caused me to get excited and I was running out of breath because I had so many answers rehearsed. The second question was similar and I answered it okay, however, I faltered and I didn’t make eye contact like I had wanted. FOCUS! The third question was a blow. CRAP CRAP CRAP I didn’t rehearse this question, I don’t have a situation ready, focus. Don’t say um. Be professional. Think fast. Shit. Think.Words came out and she only wrote 3 words for that question and readily moved on to the next sensing my loss of words. The rest followed in almost the same manner. I tried to recover quickly, but for the most part the questions were nothing like I had anticipated. The whole interview process was probably 15 minutes and I was out of there. Good news though she told me I did great and was a lot better this time. I sounded confident. (I did?..oh...good) Now it’s time for a back round check...god I hope that guy I killed in Kansas doesn't show up on my records...

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Nice twist ending darlin. Totally made me cough on the tea I was sipping ;)
    I'm glad you're interview went well!

    ReplyDelete