Friday, June 11, 2010

Its been awhile!

Havent posted in forever!


I finally got the internet to work in my room again. :) Yay!  I can continue on with my daily ramblings now.

Im happy to report this is the first summer in a very long time I think I am actually enjoying.  I am doing nothing but reading and writing.  (Not so much writing yet, more like brainstorming)
Im at the end of The Pillars Of The Earth by Ken Follet....Man, this book is really good and Ive been long over due to finish it.  I already have a huge book list to follow these.  After the second book to The Pillars Ill be reading *The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner* Yes...the new Stephenie Meyer book.  I might even sneak it in before the second Pillars just because its so short. I can probably just finish it in two hours. :) 
Water For Elephants
The Wheel Of Time series (which is 13? books long..) haha im only on the second one of those..
and Id like to sneak in a couple more classics.  Also! In August the third book to The Hunger Games series com es out. Totally excited about that!

Other than reading Ive been working lots. Im officially getting my promotion in 2 weeks and have already been transferred to a new store where I will be a manager. Its really weird being in my new store. Ive had a sore stomach about the whole thing all week. (This has been my first week in the store) I have no idea why I feel this way.  Everyt ime I get to work I like feel extremely sick (because of nerves) and I have no idea why Im so nervous.  Its like this feeling like im in trouble or something?  Anyhow, so of course new stores = new people, new customers...its a higher volume store so Im use to deploying about 4 people max at this store 4 is the min. and 7 is max.  So much bigger.  I think Im starting to like it though. 

I had a meeting with my district manager.. I get really nervous and when she asks me to come up with certain situations on the spot I dont deliver the answers very well because shes staring at me intensely.  She has this stern expression when she asks the question and then her eyes just bore into your face while you come up with the answer she wants.  Im terrible at remembering specific situations I found out.  I have certainly dealt cooly with difficult customers, partners and situations. I have been really successful with ordering and organizing and getting results.  But when you ask me dead on these questions about a specific situation.....idk my memory goes blank.   I had my whole binder organized ready to show her everything Ive worked on. I was ready to explain my ordering systems and the way Ive been handling people. I was ready to show her how I had already started reading all the modules on being an assistant manager and all I had left was to attend the classes. (which should be pretty stunning to them since the two assistant managers Ive dealt with hadnt even touched their modules)
Anyhow, she didnt really let me speak about any of that and her questions were all about difficult situations etc.  So I came up with a couple, but since I was so nervous I didnt deliver it *professionally*  And so now I have to have another meeting with her in two weeks... That was all very jumbled and probably makes no sense. But Ive been holding it inside for a week and its nice to finally vent about it.  The good thing is though, that I got called (by the district manager) the nucleus of my previous store. :)  I dont mean to toot my own horn here, but ya....I was in control of a lot.  The people who I worked with respected me and felt good about talking to me about anything.  I even got a phone call this morning from one of the girls in that store telling me the things that shes having problems with at the store now that im gone etc. and I talked her through it. I have to admit it was a huge ego booster to have someone from my old store STIll call me even though I dont work there anymore and ask for advice.  Anyhow, i have  a lot more to say, but I have to go down and make dinner for my man. WHICH by the way... I have a lot to vent about that situation as well..so

....to be continued. :)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the promotion! You'll do great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY YOU'RE BACK!! It's been so long girl!! I missed you! How is the running? I'm totally going to start up my working out again and hopefully that's not just my wishful thinking talking.

    Okay, I read the Bree Tanner thing. It was cute, but a little fast paced for me. I mean, I know Stephenie Meyer just kind of whipped it up, but I don't know...I love back stories...and even though this IS a back story, it should've had a longer back story in my opinion.

    Can't wait to hear more about your how your new promotion is working out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the promotion! With all the hard work you do you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete