Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Honest Scrap that I am....

Yay, I got an Honest Scrap award! Thanks Jon and Lexa!
Rules: List 10 facts that aren't common knowledge about myself and pass it on to 6 deserving bloggers.

1. I can touch my tongue to my nose.
2. I have 3 pet rats, currently one of them (hopefully) just has an inner ear infection. Im really worried about her.
3. My real name is Sarah I use Gypsy as a *Pen name* and Gypsy is also the name of my sick rat.
4. Im majoring in English and want to work in book publishing (being an editor hopefully, but im looking into other areas of the field, anything to do with books and publishing and Ill be happy!)
5. Im working on a novel.  (thats kind of common knowledge sorry)
6. I graduated a year early from highschool. I did 9th and 10th grade in one year. I also attended a school that only had 30 people grades 1-12 for 11 years..... So I never really had a good school experience. 
7.  I worry about everything to the point where I make myself sick.  I dont like making phone calls to strangers or business* I start to hyperventilate...Oh and I refuse to order pizza over the phone.
8.  I was once anorexic. (For a year from 13-14, I struggle with self-esteem and confidence till this day and often times for a couple weeks try not to eat much, but end up giving into the vicious cycle once again.)
9. I got kicked out of my house when I was 18, because I stayed out later than 12am. My parents and I got into a huge fight which ended in my leaving with trash bags of clothes.
10. And for a secret I have only ever shared with a handful of people... I was a cutter. I still have bad urges when I get depressed or angry, but I haven't cut for almost a year now. (I realize its stupid, but It doesnt seem stupid at the time...it was a way to get out emotions that I couldnt in other ways) Actually...for awhile I got so insanely depressed and cutting (last year I think..) that my boyfriend and his mom made me go see a therapist... lol thats kind of when I woke up and was like...this therapist isnt fixing me, I have to fix myself.

And now for the 3 deserving bloggers I know...

Jon  thanks for giving me this award and having the guts to talk about your religion! That gets major brownie points from me!

Lexa thanks for being honest enough to post pictures for your workout scheme and help me get back into shape too! Also, your always honest about everything thats happening and thats really inspiring.

Alainarose thanks for being honest in your posts, I love the way you write.

3 comments:

  1. I used to cut too. It is something that others don't really understand and you have to fix yourself. Good job coping with it! And don't you dare go back, we're all here for you now =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be a blogger thing, because for a time I was a cutter as well. I'm glad you got out of it, it's not a good place to be. Kudos to you for being so open!
    Your secrets make mine look like chumps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so we are a LOT alike. I had 2 pet rats, they passed away last year due to old age. (I REALLY hope Gypsy is okay =[). I've had eating issues, as well as cutting, which thankfully I've stopped for the most part. I also gave you this award on my post yesterday, before I noticed that Jon & Lexi did too. =]

    ReplyDelete