Wednesday, April 21, 2010

World War III

Im short on time, but I really need to vent.

My grandfather passed away when I was 11. I loved him so much, it still hurts to think about him.  I recently found out he was writing a book before he got sick. It was about World War II. My two specialty subjects are English and History.  So Ive been trying to locate his work for awhile...finally I found where it is. With my aunt, who thinks she better than the rest of the family, stole all of his work and has it somewhere...
I emailed her yesterday to ask if she could photocopy what he had written, as I am an English major and also writing my own novels.  All she replied to this long email I sent was this...

Its not a novel: a work of fiction. It was a nonfiction book about World War II.

Seriously? I replied back and said, *Can I get copies?*  Its been a day and I have no response. Shes going to ignore me and this means war.  Seriously... This manuscript is like the holy grail to me...I will have it.
More than anything, I want it because grandpa was sick all my life.  I grew up with him though, all my childhood memories are of grandma and grandpa.  To get to finally see inside his mind (because I believe how you write and what you write say a lot about a person and the internal thoughts they don't voice to the public) would be priceless to me and mean the world to me (as cliche as that is).


Its work time and Im seething with hatred inside.

2 comments:

  1. I really hope she gives you the book, not only for the sentimental value but because of the historical value that I'm sure she's doing nothing with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you get a copy! Your aunt has no right to keep something like that from you.

    ReplyDelete