Thursday, April 8, 2010

RUN

I walked into the movie theaters with high expectations, this was a brand new theater and was supposed to be really great.  I waited in line for my popcorn my eyes searched wildly about the place.  Graffiti littered the ceiling and the walls of the theater and I began to realize this theater didn't look new at all, but run down and disgusting.  I decided I better leave, its not worth getting diseases from sitting in their grubby chairs. As I was exiting the big glass doors I noticed a group of people to my right.  I asked a friend nearby what all the commotion was about.  *Its supposed to land in one minute!* News crews specked the sidewalks and I began to grow very curious.  I had forgotten that this big celestial event was today.  I took up a spot for myself where I could see the horizon of the water and waited.  Everyone watched in anticipation as nothing happened during the time that was given for this event.  I looked closer at the water and then shouted, *RUN!*
The water was gathering at a rapid speed and rushing to shore, a tsunami was on its way.
I ran inside the building, down the hall, my legs wouldn't carry my fast enough, I kept tripping. The screams from outside were horrifying as the water drowned the whole city.
My legs kept going limp, but I dragged myself to the next exit.  It was dark now, I wasn't sure why it was dark when it was only mid-afternoon, but I pressed on.  I looked up into the sky as I entered the parking lot.  The sun was, but a dim light in the sky, a reddish orange and all of a sudden it disappeared.  The sun had died and now it would all begin.


That was my dream. :) I had a good alien dream too (that possible could be linked to this dream), but Ill spare you from the details.

1 comment:

  1. This is soooo creepy! I feel like you could turn this into a really good story.

    ReplyDelete